The fastest way to get to Tasmania (and closest point of entry to Blue Derby) is the Launceston Airport.
Please note: Baggage limits vary between carriers and fare types, so it pays to check whether the limit for your fare will cover your bike box.
Twin ships sail in both directions from the Spirit of Tasmania terminals located at:
- The Esplanade in East Devonport, Tasmania; and
- Station Pier in Port Melbourne, Victoria.
Please be aware, our roads can take longer to travel when compared to highways on mainland Australia.
Launceston Airport to:
- Derby - 1 hr 30 min / 105 km
- Please note that the Tasman Highway between Launceston and Scottsdale (A3), on-route to Derby, has some tight corners. You may prefer to travel via Lilydale on the B81, especially if you're driving a campervan or towing a trailer. This alternative route should only take an extra few minutes.
- Branxholm - 1 hr 25 min / 94.5 km
- Winnaleah - 1 hr 40 min / 107 km
- Scottsdale - 1 hr 10 min / 69 km
- Bridport - 1 hr 10 min / 89 km
- Weldborough - 1 hr 50 min / 123 km
- St Helens - 2 hrs / 150 km
If you arrive in Tasmania via Hobart or Devonport, you will need to allow extra travel time! And if you can't find accommodation in Derby, make sure to check out the options available in one of the nearby towns!
- Branxholm - 5 min / 7 km
- Winnaleah - 8 min / 8.5 km
- Scottsdale - 20 min / 32.5 km
- Bridport - 40 min / 54 km
- Weldborough - 20 min / 22 km
- St Helens - 1 hr / 66 km